About The Site
Originally a concept by /u/KaiserKyle, this site was created during FFXIV's Shadowbringers (5.0) expansion in memory of the original while also aiming to fill the niche of further statistical analysis and breakdowns of FFXIV raid clear data as the expansion progresses. This site did the DPS box plots on FFLogs before they were cool!
All source data is pulled from the FFLogs Rankings database via the FFLogs API and is owned by Kihra. Job and Menu Icons are owned by SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
Weaknesses in the Current Analyses:
- Does not account for unique players clearing on multiple jobs. Joe Bloggs clearing on all casters will count as 1 for each job, or 3 globally.
- Clear numbers only go up as clears for new players or new personal bests for previously listed players get uploaded and may not be indicative of actual total clears done.
- Cannot account for clears not uploaded or made unlisted that do not make the FFLogs Rankings database. This remains a source of potential error vs true numbers.
- Cannot differentiate an alt from a unique player account. Clear numbers may be elevated vs true statistics for clears by a given actively subscribed player.
- Delays in data being up to date. It takes time to download and then push the data through. Even with a blessed FFLogs API key from Kihra the whole download process can take up the bulk of a day alone especially as we get further into a raid tier. That should give an impression to how much data he's having to host! I aim to complete data pushes every Monday before Tuesday reset.
Future Goals and Improvements:
- Further DC and server specific breakdown pages in addition to the Summary page.
- Extra statistics on specific pages such as scatter density charts, party comp, death related statistics and real observed fight percentile curves.
- Comparisons to global active players either independently or via Lucky Bancho's data.
- Storing data on a native DB for faster script processing and improved general performance for data heavier pages as well as improvements to mobile visibility and performance
- Historic Stormblood (4.x) data to complete what KaiserKyle originally started.
- Phase specific data for a given encounter. This requires a much slower and thorough data acquisition approach and is very much something for later.
- Fight specific data not available in the FFLogs Rankings data such as CPM to compare against other stats. This also requires the much slower and thorough data acquisition method.